My main research interest involves statistical learning systems, that is, computer programs able to learn relations between certain data on the basis of a collection of examples. My contributions include both theoretical aspects and real-life applications.
- Learning System Development Tools (1987-present).
- Convolutional Neural Networks (1987-present)
- Neural Networks as Statistical Learning Systems (1988-1990)
- Learning with Stochastic Gradient Descent (1988-present)
- Locally Regularized Learning Systems (1991-1992)
- Transductive Learning (1994-present)
- Early Data Mining (1992-1994)
- Structured Learning Systems (1990-2010)
- DjVu Document Image Compression (1997-2002).
- Scalable Video Coding (2001-2003)
- Fast Kernel Learning Algorithms (2003-2006)
- Large-Scale Learning (1987-present)
- Machine Reasoning and Machine Learning (2010-present)
Many pages are incomplete.